Prayers & Squares
Can you touch a prayer? Can you pull it close and feel its comfort? You can if it is part of a prayer quilt!
Our Motto: It's not about the quilt, it's all about the prayers.
What is a prayer quilt?
- A prayer quilt is a statement of our faith in God and our belief in God's power to comfort, strengthen and heal.
- A prayer quilt is a lap sized cover, hand tied with knots.
- As each knot is tied a prayer is offered for the recipient who is to receive the prayer quilt.
- When fully tied the prayer quilt is given as a gift of love and prayer.
Who may receive a prayer quilt?
- Anyone who is facing special need for prayer - be it physical, emotional or spiritual - when they are sponsored.
What is the role of a sponsor?
- To ask the proposed recipient whether he/she will accept the gift of prayer in the form of a quilt and, if so, what prayers they want offered.
- To request a prayer quilt from the Prayers & Squares team.
- To deliver the completed Prayer Quilt to the recipient.
How can you help?
- You don't have to be a quilter or even a sewer. This is a team effort!
- We will need donations of 100% cotton fabrics.
- We will also need funds to buy other necessary bits and pieces such as batting and polar fleece for backing the quilts.
- You can offer your quilting talents and help make the quilts.
For more information about the Prayers & Squares ministry, contact the St Albans Office on office at stalbans.org.nz or ph: 06 357 9411
Remember: It's all about the prayers!