The special character of St Albans is shaped by the following convictions and values:
- We honour the ministry of the Holy Spirit and seek to experience the Spirit's presence and power as a living reality in our worship, life and mission.
- We encourage baptism or reaffirmation of baptism as an expression of personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- We accept the Bible as the Word of God and are committed to living out its teaching in our corporate activity and our personal lives. In today's permissive culture this includes a commitment to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- We believe that Jesus Christ has given gifts to all members of his Body, the Church, and expect everyone to use these gifts in his Service.
- We regard outreach into our local community, ministry throughout New Zealand and mission overseas as integral parts of our response to Jesus' Great Commission.
- We recognise the Jewish roots of the Christian faith, affirm the continued role of Israel and the Jewish people in God's prophetic purposes, and look forward to the return of Jesus Christ our Lord.